Saturday, August 23, 2008

the real me.


I am now writing, on this blog thing, I have forced or shamed into having a blog. I am being made to enter the computer world, but it is going to be kicking and screaming. I type just like I talk; no breaks, comma or any thing that resembles grammar. And my thoughts racing just like the words will be. I will be posting mostly pictures and little written word. I have been trying to hire Cher aka The Texas Woman, she is author, of a real book and it is about Texas, it has real chapters and everything, just no pictures.

Almost a year ago a friend of mine named Patti, from Sulphur Springs told me about this computer site called something like antiques from the garden, I nodded and said great! Knowing full well that was not ever going to go there. I would not even talk on the CB radio when they came out, that would be pre cell phone. Last spring at Warrenton a pair of shoppers said”We saw your booth on Theresa Cano’s blog!!” I nodded and thought to my self, they must be nuts or I really did a good job copying somebody’s Ideas, from some where, but then the next day two southern belles (Lulu and Lauri from Chippy’s ) appeared in my booth clutching a picture of MY BOOTH!! And they told me of Theresa. I said I had no idea when she took the pictures. Until she showed up in my booth, and introduced herself. I now think of all the times I did not go to Garden Antqs blog.
I now have become a fan of hers on line and in person, she truly is a gifted designer and reporter for all that is happening in and around the Texas antique world.

A warning to all you non Texans, The market in Texas is different than any other place I have ever sold, the unusual is the usual, and believe me Texas has it going on!!


Here are a few pictures from my collections both past and present


5 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You are too sweet! I will pay you later for the free advertising. Can't wait until our shopping date on Wednesday!!!!!

Unknown said...

Renee....I posted about you on my blog as well. How can I get in touch with you via email? email me girl..... red_door@bellsouth.net
Thanks.
Tricia
The Red Door Antiques
www.thereddoorantiques.blogspot.com

Lauri Evans said...

Renee, I'm so excited you started your blog.....We have missed you so much and can't wait to see you in September. You are so right about Texas it is the best and no other place is like it. Can't wait to see you.....Lauri @ chippys

Mindy said...

I, too, am new to this blogging thing and your words had me laughing out loud! Good stuff. I love the pair of chairs. The deep seat is divine. I'd rather blog than slipcover! Hope you don't mind, but I do believe I will add you to my links. Yes. I have figured out how to do that!

~Mindy

Lauri Evans said...

OMG...YOU ARE THE DOYENNE of the fields....of...dreams....NOBODY can hold a candle to your panache. and you make one helluva pimento cheese san'wich. You are Hospitality, love, trust, loyalty and a fabulous person...but I AM NOT A BROwn NOSer...OKAY>?
xo..the artist-formerly-known-as-lulu